- Preserve your teeth to help maintain a long lasting, healthy smile.
- During your check-up, one of our very capable hygienists will ensure your teeth are free of bacteria-containing tartar, and evaluate the condition of your soft tissues (gums).
- We will show you how to take proactive steps to improve or maintain your at-home care.
- Together with the hygienist, Dr. Jim will have a thorough look at all your tissues and teeth to screen for oral cancers, periodontal or gum disease, and any decay, cracks or other issues that could affect the health of your teeth and body.
- For a more youthful, confident smile!
- Modern teeth whitening is a safe, effective, relatively inexpensive way to improve the shade of your teeth.
- Ask us for more information on how we can make your smile its brightest!
COMPOSITE (WHITE) FILLINGS:
- With the use of current white filling materials, the days of unsightly silver fillings and grey teeth caused by the silver amalgam are a thing of the past.
- An extremely effective way to remove discoloured areas of teeth to improve aesthetics and provide a more attractive smile.
- Bonded directly to the teeth, composite fillings also help to reduce the chance of tooth fractures in the future.
- Bonding is a relatively quick and easy process to repair chipped or broken teeth, as well as remove other imperfections in your smile.
- Less expensive than a dental veneer, it is an immediate way to greatly improve your smile.
- A dental veneer is a very thin layer of porcelain, custom made in a dental laboratory, that is glued to the front of your tooth, providing an extremely natural look to improve your smile.
- Perfect for discoloured, worn, chipped, or slightly crooked teeth, or to close small gaps between your teeth.
- Especially beneficial for those who do not want to go through the time and expense of orthodontics (braces).
- Dr. Jim likes to refer to veneers as “instant braces”!
CROWN & BRIDGE:
- Crowns, or “caps”, are a very effective way to strengthen a broken, cracked, or heavily restored tooth.
- Crowns are usually recommended when there is very little tooth material left to support a traditional silver or white filling, or when a tooth has had root canal treatment.
- They also can be used to improve aesthetics on a visibly unattractive tooth.
- A crown is a full coverage restoration that is permanently cemented to a tooth.
- Are you afraid to smile due to missing teeth and gaps in your smile? Dental implants may be right for you!
- Implants are an effective way of replacing missing teeth, and are very much like having your natural teeth back.
- Synthetic posts are placed in the jaw and are allowed to fuse to the bone, making them very strong. A crown, or “cap”, is then placed on the implant providing a completely natural looking smile, without having to grind down natural teeth to support a bridge.
- If you are missing several teeth, and are not happy with loose dentures, special attachments can be placed on implants to help stabilize a denture, creating less gum irritation and increasing comfort and function.
ROOT CANAL THERAPY:
- When a tooth becomes infected or the nerve inside the tooth dies or is compromised, the tooth must be removed or have root canal treatment.
- Root canal treatment removes the dead or unhealthy tissue from inside the tooth, then seals the tooth to prevent bacteria from re-entering the space, where the body has no ability to fight it.
- Contrary to popular belief, root canal treatment is typically pain free!
- Sometimes teeth have deteriorated to the point where they can not be saved or effectively restored, and must be removed or extracted.
- Removing a tooth is usually considered a last resort. The tooth can then be replaced by an implant, bridge, or denture.